Unplugging firewire soundcard while jack is running - not good

Hi

Quick intro: Today I was on stage with my ubuntu laptop, running jack and renoise. Suddenly (during sound check) renoise started acting really strange, and things started getting a it hectic. After a last-resort-reboot I realized that the firewire cable to my soundcard had come loose.

So now I did some testing, and unplugging the firewire cable doesn't give any error messages, which I find strange. Is there a way to make my system more informative in such situations?

NB: I should mention that plugging the cable back in, killing + restarting jack solves the problem. But of course that requires you to realize what went wrong :-)

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk