Free instrument sample library

My name is Nicholas Schoonover and I am interested in creating a free instrument sample library. I am in my senior year at Wayne State University studying audio engineering. I have access to a professional studio and basically all of the musicians in my universities orchestra, symphony bands, jazz bands, choirs, and various small ensembles. I have talked to a fellow student of mine who is also interested in helping out. I understand all of the audio aspects of things, but am a little hazy on everything else. I have a decent amount of experience for my age in recording instrumentalists from doing audition tape work and from my schooling. I am busy for the rest of this semester with school, internship, and job. I was planning on starting to undergo this project over the summer when I will have more time and the school's studio will be more available. I don't personally use linux for much audio because I am trying to make a career out of it, but I do use Musescore a decent amount because I find it comparable in performance to Sibelius and Finale. Because of this, I would love it if the sample library I create could be incorporated by Musescore. Is there someone who is already working on a project like this who I could help out? Any direction you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicholas Schoonover