Re: 'Modular' midi controller for keyboard

On 22/03/13 13:15, rosea.grammostola wrote:
On 03/22/2013 02:12 PM, Q wrote:
The Nanos are powered by USB only, there is no other way of powering
them. So, however you connect them up for midi, it would still have to
be connected to the PC and have some sort of splitter arrangement. In
the long run, it sounds a lot easier just to use midi-over-USB.

The review I posted yesterday said that they draw very little power,
which might be useful if power drops off over distance.

You're suggesting a long usb cable? Are the USB-cables which can cover
about 5 meters?

I'm not suggesting -- I don't know whether you can get cables that long and I don't know whether it would deliver power over that distance -- but the ONLY way you could possibly power it is with it connected via USB to a computer, either directly or via a USB hub.