Re: Audio distros

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 05:04:24 +0100, david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I find synaptic a much-easier way to manage packages than the cryptic command lines of apt-get or dpkg. For instance, I can easily see what a particular package recommends and decide if I want to also include one or more the recommendations. Don't know what Folderol thinks of that.

A clear GUI that does provide the history, dependencies, descriptions, lock, install any version, e.g. downgrade, search etc. ... everything available by one click.
It's useful to install it to a minimal system.

IIRC xterm was mentioned.
I guess xterm is installed, as soon X is installed, but it isn't needed for compiling, Ctrl+Alt+F*