Re: [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ? OP reply.

On 02/12/2013 04:26 PM, Folderol wrote:
Hi Dave,

Looking at the conference website it seems I'm about a week too late to
contribute any music.

Hello Will,

Afaik everything has been postponed to February 17th.

The idea of doing a presentation is an interesting (but also quite scary) one.
I have never done any public speaking at all, and wouldn't have a clue how to
arrange such a thing. Also I don't know what equipment I could expect to be on
hand.

Just do it! And you can communicate your wishes with the organization regarding equipment you need. I think the bare essentials will be available (beamer + amplification).

However, I can see that the track "Ride With Yoshimi" I posted recently would be
an ideal one for this as I used just about everything I know best on it
(however, it's 8 minutes long).

Would it work best as a talk over the actual playing music, or stepwise
examination of parts, or what? I really have no clue:(

Personally I'd be more interested in a stepwise examination of parts.

I think the cut-off time for presentations is also only a couple of days away:(

True but I still have to enter my proposals too :)

Jeremy