Re: So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

Am 06.02.2013 16:49, schrieb Al Thompson:
I had to laugh at this.  Every once in a while, I will search to see if
there are any new LADSPA or LV2 plugins.  I often see plugins described
by their mathematical function, with NO hint of what it actually does.
If linux audio would like to get its foot in the door with guitarists,
defining available plugins only by math function is not the way to go
about it.  It almost seems like some plugins exists only because they
were someone's class assignment (write a plugin using FFT).
Usually I wouldn't answer on this topic, even if I have some concerns, but I will repeat on this. Because my last announcements here on this list was exactly about LV2 plug-ins for guitarist which indeed use at least FFT.
This release introduce the first LV2 plugs created from the guitarix amps. Well, they will perfectly fit into hotel sierra

 * GxAmplifier tube 12ax7 tonestack sovtek cabinet 4x12
 * GxAmplifier-II tube 12AT7 tonestack soldano cabinet AC30
 * GxAmplifier-III tube 6C16 tonestack bassman cabinet 1x15
 * GxAmplifier-IV tube 6V6 tonestack soldano cabinet mesa
 * GxAmplifier-V tube 6DJ8 tonestack ampeg cabinet HighGain

there are mono and stereo versions of those amps included in the bundle

The time were I have to wrote class assignments is a couple of years ago.
I fail to see any description by math function.
But as well, I fail to see any user feedback at all on this.