Re: Wav loop points

Paul Davis:

The most common formats for "loops defined inside an audio file" have
historically been non-WAV (or extensions to wav), such as REX, and
proprietary.

The WAV spec does include the concept of a playlist, consisting of cue points and lengths. By themselves, these don't really define "loops" in a
way that is generally going to be clear to the user.

I don't know of any official specifications of it, but it's common to have
a cue called "Loop start", and a cue called "Loop End".

libsndfile can definitely read these from the file, but i'm not sure what an app would do with them. providing a sample with a loop point(s) defined
would be good.

Well, I didn't find any way to use libsndfile to get the cue points.
They are displayed using sndfile-info, but I don't think you can get the numbers
via the libsndfile api without parsing the text output of the functions
libsndfile-info calls.

It's simple to implement without libsndfile though. Just steal the code from radium. :-)