Re: Some retro doom metal for Halloween

Hi Brett!
This is very old school. I feel the roots of Black Sabbath underneath that. I do love the processing of the drums. The big snare is just wonderful! The vocals are nicely processed as well. But the guitars don't sound right. Too muddy. I'm not absolutely sure, why that is. EQ'ing, compression, playing? I wouldn't say the latter. The song itself: as I said, it's very old school to me. I can hear the echo of rock 'n' roll and Sabbath there. The singing and playing is nice. concerning the guitars: perhaps I didn't get the point and you were going for the early Norwegian school. As far as I remember, they always had a... Erm particular sound. :-)
  Thanks for sharing this with us, Brett.
  Warm regards
          Julien