Re: keeping same perceived level on mp3 files

On 10/05/2012 09:13 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Fons!

Do you just want to adjust the loudness between multiple files?
(this means there is just a constant gain for every file so the they
are similar on average)
Or do you also want to change the loudness inside one track?

Not sure what you mean. I don't to change the internal volume of each track. Basically I just want to avoid that when I program the levels of the patches on my hardware synth, I later (on stage or rehearsing with the band) realize that on some songs my synth is too loud and on some songs it's to soft.

I tried it on a couple of files:

atte@blokhus:~/music/bands/eldorado/mp3$ ls *.wav | xargs -iarg ebur128 arg
Integrated loudness:     13.7 LU
Loudness range:           3.8 LU
Integrated loudness:     13.0 LU
Loudness range:           2.2 LU
Integrated loudness:      6.0 LU
Loudness range:           3.6 LU
Integrated loudness:     10.8 LU
Loudness range:           4.5 LU
Integrated loudness:     12.9 LU
Loudness range:           3.2 LU

Ok, so it seems the third file is softer than the rest, which is very true. But how do I interpret those values, and how do I call sox for a gain adjustment?

Sorry for being stupid...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk