Re: WhySynth and QMidiArp trouble

Hey man!
Sorry, did not mention it in the original post. I did try to make the limit go up from the default 12 to 99. Did not help.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Leigh Dyer <lsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 18/09/12 8:45 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
Hey fellas!

I am loading Whysynth through Carla and then use QMidiArp to play it.
Problem is, some of the presets (like "New String Thingy", first preset)
are "clicking" - they produce occasional clicks or pops.
I would like to know if someone has experienced same thing? I am
attaching a QMidiArp file so that anyone can try to reproduce.

I wondered if it is the fault of the WhySynth preset, but no settings I
tried changed the situation. I then tried doing things with Carla - you
can see QMidiArp has two sequencers there. So I added two separate
WhySynths and made each sequencer in QMidiArp go into a separate
WhySynth. Number of clicks went down, but occasional audible clicks stayed.

Any ideas how to fix this? I really like that WhySynth preset and would
like to use it without clicks!

This is just a guess, but you could try increasing the polyphony limit in WhySynth. If that patch has long envelopes, you could easily be hitting the limit while playing a sequence (the default limit here seems to be 12 notes). I don't know about WhySynth in particular, but in many synths this causes clicks, as new notes cause older notes to end abruptly.

Thanks
Leigh

--
Louigi Verona