Re: [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

On 09/03/2012 05:11 PM, hermann meyer wrote:
<snip>
Indeed, here I agree with you.
I was having beers this weekend with one of the lead Native Instruments Guitar Rig developers and the impression I got ( when raising the topic of Linux support) was they do not have enough manpower to contend with all of the different flavours and distributions out there. They are pretty scared off really. I suggested that they pick a platform as the lowest common denominator (Debian perhaps - even though redhat is my preference) and focus on the app being Jack aware. They are already so confounded with trying to support all the different flavours of Windows and Mac OSes.

Surprisingly enough, this dude had no awareness of guitarix. I changed that I hope.

Realistically though, I'm not sure how we can mitigate the situation. I'm a full advocate of everything opensource, but we should also make it easier for commercial products to be used. It can only help us in the long run