Re: Digits VST for Linux

On 05/26/2012 06:47 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
On 05/26/2012 12:26 PM, Louis Gorenfeld wrote:
Hmm do you have all the libraries? It *should* work on Ubuntu 10 since
that's what I compiled it with. It's also a 32-bit .so, which I think
I initially failed to mention on my site. On Linux, I've only tested
it so far with Renoise, so maybe give it a shot there.

I'm trying it right now with QTractor but it's greyed out in the
add-track menu with no error in the log. I'm probably doing something
wrong since this is the first time I've tried QTractor :)

Ah, my bad, it looks like QTractor doesn't support native Linux VST.
Ardour3 does, but I get the error reported earlier.

works here ootb. (opensuse12.1 32bit)

note that you must install on one of the configured vst plugin search paths (View/Options.../Plugins/Paths/VST); default are "~/.vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vst";

i'll also remind you that VST_PATH is conventional for native windowsVST plugins (.dll) as indeed searched by dssi-vst; it's not used as a default search path for native linuxVST plugins, from qtractor pov.

the DigitsVST install script suggests that you set VST_PATH=/usr/share/digits; might work for renoise but then you should also add /usr/share/digits to the above VST path list on qtractor preferences

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@xxxxxxxxx