Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 62, Issue 32

On 04/27/2012 05:38 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Fri, 2012-04-27 at 12:00 +0000,
linux-audio-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Message: 3
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:35:58 +0200
From: Roberto<roberto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  poll : Advertising vs Linux Audio
To: linux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Disagree. Advertisement and education (as in transmission of knowledge
or information) are completely different topics.

Enlarging the user base is good, I won't complain with that, but not
at
all costs. Some people may have priorites on top of the number of
users,
if "doing anything to enlarge that user base" means "doing anything
even
if it is against your deep moral believe", then some people will
reject.
Probably you won't agree, but at least I hope you understand.

+1

After a while advertisings would try to become more flashier than the
others. They will cover the text we wish to read. IMHO we should avoid
to------------------------------------------------------------ because,
an| Click the close button to open tons of flashy pop-ups [x]| that's
wh| Arm enlargement for Linux users!                         |
   | Get 50% longer arms within one week!                     |
   | It's amazing, you don't need reading glasses             |
   | anymore!                                                 |
Ralf

Arm enlargement! Why didn't I think of that?

hahahahahahahahaha!

About ads: I don't see ads on web pages. Either AdBlock blocks them for me, or I ignore them. And my browsers all block popups ...

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx