mplayer and displaying tags

Hello Everyone!
It has been a while, since mplayer showed tags of ogg and flac files. For those it just says:
Load subtitles in ./
It shows that for other formats too, but before that message, it gives the tag info. I did compile mplayer with a lot of enable options and a few disable options. I disabled graphics, some audio drivers and controllers (LIRC, etc.). My vorbis libraries were the latest at the time. It did work until a year or so ago.
  Does anyone else have that or similar problems? Anyone have a solution?
Here's all, that might be of help:
MPlayer SVN-r33917-4.4.5 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
163 audio & 363 video codecs
flac 1.2.1
oggenc from vorbis-tools 1.4.0
libkate.so.1.2.1 (Mplayer knows about that)
  Anything else?
  Warm regards and thanks for following me so far
          Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html