Re: icon iControls pro with alsa?

Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
On 03/18/2012 01:21 PM, Peter Plessas wrote:
Dear list,

I discovered this faderbox, which has motorized and touch-sens faders
"Icon iControls Pro"
see http://www.icon-global.com/ShowPro.aspx?ID=135

I wonder if I could use it on Linux under Alsa with the generic usb midi
module. I understand that it is primarily geared towards MackieControl
and similar protocols, and wonder if it can do plain midi as well.

The website says:

- iMapTM software included for easy mapping of MIDI functions
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit&
   64-bit),and Mac OS X (IntelMac)

Does anyone have experience with this device already?

thanks and have a nice day!

Hello Peter,

I've had an i-Stage for a day and both the controller and the software worked. I returned it immediately though because I couldn't modify the mapping of the buttons.
Thanks Jeremy, that leaves some hope! Apparently their firmware is pretty alpha, but they ship some piece of software that is supposed to edit the midi assignments (Win&OSX atm).

Anyone else having plugged the "iControls Pro" into a Linux box already?

best, P

Best,

Jeremy