Re: bitwig announcement

On 01/17/2012 11:43 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM, david wrote:

All the ones I know use Macs.

Do you even realize how much opinionated this is? :))))))))))))

Corel quitted the Mac market, because they weren't able to justify
development with sales. Which, I'm sure, you are fully aware of.

Corel was never in the Mac graphics market. CorelDraw is Windows only.

Oh boy... :) Corel DRAW 10 and 11 were available for Mac.
Corel Painter 12 is still available for Mac, so is CorelCAD.

Are you really going to argue against easily verifiable facts? :)

Sorry, my brain doesn't recall things so good anymore. IUCSICRAAM. All versions of CorelDraw after v7 were bloated, incredibly slow resource hogs. I used to use CorelDraw (in fact, even got a free copy of CorelDraw 2 for participating in the beta test program, identifying a bug, and suggesting the fix.)

When you offer a bad product to with major flaws to a market, it doesn't go anywhere.

Just installed it from Sid repository (Ubuntu is an abomination). Darktable
looks cute. I think it has about 10-20% of the features of Bibble 5. Maybe
40% of the features of Bibble Lite. The UI is cute. Absolutely no clue about
how to save an image after you develop it: nothing in the UI indicates
anything about it.

Ctrl+E for the currently selected image. Or all the options in the
exporting plug-in from the light table mode.

Thanks. Not a clue anywhere in the UI about that. Very poor design. I guess incorporating standard UI actions like menus and right-click options isn't cool these days.

All of these programs suffer from a severe feature shortage: none of them can turn an image into a sound!

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx