Re: OT - Digital Rights

On 10/24/2011 08:19 AM, Louigi Verona wrote:
Hello!
The idea is clear, however it does seem to take away the advancements of computer
technology. You ask: how about loaning an e-book over the net? Well, how about just
copying it? I have no problem with that. This is such a great thing, that we have files
which are so small physically that we can almost treat them like pure ideas.
Perhaps you can see them more as ideas than you realized, since ideas are electrical impulses in the brain, and we all now what bits in a computer are made of :)
If I loan an e-book to my friend, now I do not have it. If I copy it to him - we both have
it. I always thought it is great possibility.

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/

All it takes is a revolution of the mind.. these things takes a long time tho.. and all the anti piracy fud/propaganda wont make it faster...

Imo it's absurd that you can charge 0,89€ for a locked down mp3 and get away with it.. I mean, the profit margins are 100%.. or well, they start out at ~ -99.999...% and rise, approaching 99.99999999999999...% the more people who buy it.