Re: Top DSP plugins?

fred wrote:

Who needs mics?
Well,,, maybe singers, sax players, or anyone who can't provide a jack output...
Last Wednesday at Starbucks, I saw two college age guys sharing a table. Each had a laptop in front of him. One had a Les Paul, the other some other electric guitar. Each instrument was plugged into some external audio device that was plugged into his laptop. Each had headphones on. Each was playing and recording, replaying, etc, etc. After a while, they packed up their guitars and computers and left.
Wow ! 2 guitar players at the same table, and they're not jamming together ?

I think they were two musicians working together on separate tracks. I could only see what the guy on the Les Paul was playing, and he was apparently following something on screen - like he was adding a track to an existing project.

Portable studio. Why should they worry about having large monitors or an acoustically known room?
Hum, IIRC it was about mastering songs like Bob Ludwig does ?
Their audience won't be listening on that kind of equipment or that kind of room. They'll probably be listening on earphones, possibly at the back of a bus with the sound cranked up so they can hear it over the bus engine ...
Don't see any offense, but playing for friends and try to enjoy masses with your art are 2 differents sides of the pleasure with music, OTOH it is a place where you can have a good result without big money, this place called FLOSS !

I doubt that either of them were using FLOSS, but I didn't wander over and check out their laptop displays.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx