Re: Limiters?

On 07/09/2011 11:12 PM, Ricardus Vincente wrote:

  I agree with Fons, in that we should not be crushing recordings and
over-compressing them.

  But having said that, a limiter is a very useful and necessary tool at
times. I would love to see what sort of limiter that a talented
programmer like Fons offers.

  In lieu of that, Steve Harris has a fast-look-ahead-limiter which is
good. It's in JAMIN, and also available as a separate stand-alone
plugin.

sampo savolainen has a decent limiter in his "foo" repository. i never push limiters hard, so i can't say what it does for "california style" mastering, but so far it has never done anything to annoy me.