Re: Pipe not working - or is it lame or oggdec

Hello Simon!
I won't go into the major concerns, but just answer your last question: Why encode yourmusic as MP3, whenit could generate such dificulties? Easy: Because everything and everyone supports MP3. All those MP3 players, DVD-players and not to forget software. Yes in software you'll find enough, that also supports other formats. But people are easily settled in theri ways. I know a few friends, who can't play my ogg, since they refuse to isntall winamp or such things, because they experienced some trouble or updates and other net activity, that they are too lazy or unknowledgeable to stop. And yes there is iTunes today, which I believe is mainly based on mpeg formats. No longer just mp3, but I _THINK_, that m4a is also from the same group, probably having the same licensing requirements.
  Hopefully not so lazily yours :-)
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net