Re: xrun problems. (Was Re: Introduction to Ardour 3.0 MIDI)

Diego Simak wrote:
2011/3/31 david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I have a UCA202, also. Make sure it's the *only* device attached to whatever
USB controller you've hooked it to. USB sucks when multiple devices share a
controller! On my setup, it wouldn't work correctly at all until I put it on
its own USB port.

I have used a mouse with another USB port, don't really know if it
uses the same controller, but good to know that.

My little laptop has a lot of USB things hooked to it!

On my laptop, even with the wireless antenna turned off, the wireless driver
period pops up and scans for networks. Of course, it finds none, but while
it's interacting with the wireless hardware, it causes xruns. IIRC, some
folk on the list said to blacklist the wireless module so it doesn't even
get loaded?

I'm using Gnome what I'm doing is todeselect the "Enable Networking"
in the nm-applet and also turn off the wireless RF.
I still need to learn more about the usb audio i/f and see if the wifi
device support MSi that would help as was said before.

I think you actually have to blacklist the wireless driver to prevent it from being loaded by the kernel.

I've also heard that the binary NVidia drivers do not cooperate with RT
work.

I have a ATI Radeon driver installed, I will try to remove this driver
and see how it works.

I have NVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (integrated chipset), I think aptosid is using the open-source driver (not the binary blob driver). No need for 3D acceleration.

I've glad you were able to make a Pengutronix kernel work. I couldn't make
their kernel work at all. So far, the RT kernel in Aptosid seems to be
working very well on my desktop PC, so I'm planning to try it on my laptop.

I just followed the instructions described here:

http://www.pengutronix.de/software/linux-rt/debian_en.html
What's the Aptosid RT kernel version?

2.6.37. They only supply RT kernels.

--