Re: Cracks while using Audiophile 2496

Am 14.03.2011 08:56, schrieb Cedric Roux:
----- "Manu"<manu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
- I still hear the cracks while I play and in the recorded sound
(example :http://manu.mindslicer.com/export.wav). These cracks are

I hear no "cracks" in this file, are there some? or is it that you
hear them when you play the file?

I second that, I also fail to hear any crackles or whatever noises, that I would considers undesirable ;-)

Anyway,
if you have a friend or another computer, try to plug your
card in it and make some tests. If you have another OS, try
it as well.

The ancestors of these cards (namely the Terratec EWX) had issues with IRQ-sharing. You may want to try some voodoo: just stick the card in a different PCI-Slot if available.

Ahhhh -- yeah: you have the input levels under control? Could be the analogue electronics on the card are not comfortable with your settings....

best of luck
HZN

I guess you don't hear cracks if you play audio with other
soundcards on the same computer (your computer has a cheap
one in it maybe?).

Regards,
CÃdric.