Re: Audigy too

On 13/03/11 17:19, Batz wrote:
It's a shame though. I was rather hoping to be able to say that I used
linux exclusively. Rather than the risk of giving free press to some
less deserving corporation or other.

Is there a reason you can't use software? Fluidsynth/Qsynth is efficient, sounds great, and will load any SoundFont file that you might've wanted to load on to your sound card's synth. I regularly use LinuxSampler, too, for Gigastudio and SFZ files.

I actually had a SoundBlaster Live, with a similar on-board synth, in my studio PC until very recently, but I never used the synth -- it's just not worth the hassle when I can fire up Qsynth, or a Fluidsynth plugin within a sequencer like Qtractor, to do the same thing.

Thanks
Leigh

Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated.

Be absolutely icebox.

_ __ _
| "_ \ | | batzman-lau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
/ ,__