Ardour + sidechaining (SC3) and qualityloss

Hey guys!

Recently started some form of  electroproject in ardour, and as always sidechaining is needed. Right now I'm routing everything that's to be sidechained (which is everything but the kick lol) into a 3-channel bus with a SC3 on connected to the kick. The sidechaining works, but i actually get a very noticable quality loss and thining of the stereoimage from using the SC3..
Is this something you know of, something that can be worked around? Also, are there other sidechain soloutions? I mean sidechaining like the SC3, a compressor controlled by for example the kicksignal.

Regards!