Re: [Rosegarden-user] Rosegarden Manual

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
On Sunday, February 13, 2011, Detlef Schütz wrote:

By the way: there seems to be an old manual written in 2005. Is this
manual near enough to the actual program?

It may still be useful if you can get it cheap, but it is out of date. I wrote that just as Rosegarden 1.0 was coming out, and a great deal has changed since then.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to put together a print version of our current documentation. We have moved all of it to a wiki now, in order to make it easier to maintain, and easier for people to help with writing documentation, but this has made it more difficult to produce PDF files.

If someone has a copy of Acrobat Professional (yah, sorry, junk $$$ Windows/Mac software!), it can be used to convert an entire website (such as a wiki) into a PDF.

The documentation is not in the best of shape either, I fear. I used to be the documentation writer, and that was my only responsibility. Now I manage the entire project, and do a lot of the development. Documentation has fallen way down on my list of priorities, and I don't have much time to be involved with keeping it up to date. We have help from several people who have taken up some of my slack in this area, but the job is very large, and our documentation is always the last thing to get done.

I wish I had the time. Used to make a living as a tech writer that wrote user manuals ...

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx