Re: Snd learning curve

On 02/14/2011 12:38 PM, Hartmut Noack wrote:
Am 10.02.2011 21:00, schrieb Bill Schottstaedt:
Thanks for the kind words about Snd! If any of you have the
time and inclination, I'd like to hear how Snd should be changed
to make it easier to use. My main interest is in the sound
processing, not the user interface (which I guess is painfully obvious),

But testing snd-gtk in Fedora14 (the version from CCRMA) the only
trouble I see *is* related to the UI. Especially things like this:

snd-error: gtk-popup.scm needs the xg module (either 'make xg' or build
Snd with --with-static-xg): /home/zettberlin/xg.so: Kann die
Shared-Object-Datei nicht Ãffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
"gtk-popup.scm"[14]: (if (string? hxm) (snd-error (format #f
"gtk-popup.scm needs the xg module (either 'make xg' or build Snd with
--with-static-xg): ~A" hxm)) (dlinit hxm "Init_libxg"))

I would consider it a major improvement, if such dialogues would not pop
up in a general distribution of Snd. If a program offers me the
opportunity to switch a feature on and if I do it informs me of a
missing module, then I consider this a bug in the way the program is
distributed.

That would be my fault as a packager, not Bill's. I regretfully don't have the cycles to do more thorough testing...

Could you send me off-list what I need to do to reproduce the issue? (and any others you have stumbled on). I'll try to fix it asap...

-- Fernando