Re: [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

On 14/01/11 11:17, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
On 14 January 2011 00:59, Leigh Dyer<lsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 14/01/11 05:37, Tom Szilagyi wrote:

Hi all,

Standing on the shoulders of giants[*], I am pleased to announce the
public release of IR, a convolution reverb in the LV2 plugin format.
Released as free software under the GNU GPL, this easy to use plugin
has been created to open the fascinating world of convolution reverb
to Linux-based audio engineers. If you use Ardour to create, mix&
produce music, you will most probably want to check out this plugin.

This is brilliant! I just tested your updated version in Ardour 2.8.11, and
it worked beautifully. The bookmark system is perfect for quickly testing
and assessing a variety of IR files, and while I haven't checked out the
envelope and stretch controls, I'm sure they'll come in very useful, too.

I'm raving like a school kid, I know, but I've been looking for this exact
plugin for ages now :) It's great to finally have it.

Thanks. The design is not too original, though, if you look around in
the commercial plugin world. I just took some well established ideas
and applied them.

Yep, it reminds me a lot of what I've seen (in magazines, etc.) of plugins like Altiverb and SIR2. Very cool to have this stuff under Linux, though!

>> Ardour exports should work as expected.
>
> Forgot to add that I (still) use a single processor system, so YMMV.

Both my laptop and desktop are dual-core, so I may run in to problems :) I'll test it out anyway and see how I go. It's certainly not a deal-breaker, but it would definitely be nice if Ardour exports worked normally.

Thanks
Leigh