Re: [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

On 14/01/11 05:37, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
Hi all,

Standing on the shoulders of giants[*], I am pleased to announce the
public release of IR, a convolution reverb in the LV2 plugin format.
Released as free software under the GNU GPL, this easy to use plugin
has been created to open the fascinating world of convolution reverb
to Linux-based audio engineers. If you use Ardour to create, mix&
produce music, you will most probably want to check out this plugin.

This is brilliant! I just tested your updated version in Ardour 2.8.11, and it worked beautifully. The bookmark system is perfect for quickly testing and assessing a variety of IR files, and while I haven't checked out the envelope and stretch controls, I'm sure they'll come in very useful, too.

I'm raving like a school kid, I know, but I've been looking for this exact plugin for ages now :) It's great to finally have it.

Perhaps this is a question for Fons, but do you know if this plugin has the same issue that stand-alone jconvolver has with JACK's freewheeling mode? It'd be great to have Ardour exports continue to work as expected while using this plugin.

Thanks
Leigh