Re: LAC submissions

On 07/01/11 08:11, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 06:41 +0000, andy baxter wrote:

P.S. I think the bit that confused me is just that there are two
deadlines listed for papers to be submitted - the January 15th one and
the 'camera ready papers' one. What would help is if you said a bit more
clearly what the submission and review process actually entails, rather
than just listing the deadlines.
Isn't this just common practices for academic conferences, however? All
those I've been to (in the Engineering and Computer Science fields) have
similar terminology.

Maybe, but that assumes that everyone coming is familiar with the terminology and procedure around academic conferences. I'm not. I can appreciate that the conference panel want to do things in a rigorous way, but for a conference like this that serves a hobbyist community as well as an academic one, I think it would help if things were explained a bit more clearly.