Re: Batch normalising wav files

Hi Q!
  Ecasound can do the trick, but in two steps, I'm afraid to say:
for F in *.wav; do
  ecanormalize $F
  ecasound -i $F -o normalised$F -eadb:-0.3;
done
  You need ecasound and ecatools for that.
I think though, that -0.3DB seems rather hefty. Well there is a difference between db and dbfs, have to look it up on Wikipedia. Ecasound's version must be 2.7.0 I believe. Otherwise you can use a different amplifier, which works in percentage of maximum volume:
ecasound -i input.wav -o output.wav -ea:97
  That is lower volume to 97% of the current volume.
Hope you can work with that. If not, well there's always csound and its relatives, but that might really go a little overboard. :-)
  Pianoly yours
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net