Re: New (old) Song

Hello Will!
I just listened to the tune and in the way you wrote the music, it gives much more hope, than the lyrics suggest. It almost sounds happy. I almost had anm urge to take the lyrics and try to do something different with it. But I guess, whatever I did, it wouldn't be right, as it would be much too prententions. At least I know myself enough for that. :-) But as too the sentiment: I think when it comes to art, you can always enjoy it. Even if it's sad or heart breaking you can enjoy it on the artistic or emotional level. Even if a song or poem doesn't seem particularly artistic and sad at the same time, I could enjoy it, if it struck a chord in my heart. So yes, in one way I did enjoy it, as the lyrics struck a chord. The music was too happy for me, but I thik I voices that oppinion a few times. :-) Still nice work and I do like the vocals, they fit the piece, so unpretentious and like a caring parent or grandparent. Just like one of your family would sing something for a child to go to bed. I know that from my own mother, when I was quite young. Never a singer, but you could perceive the meaning, when she sang.
  Kind regards
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net