Re: Realtime latency kernel testing

On 12/12/2010 06:42 PM, Ronald Stewart wrote:
Hi,

I would go with what Robin said.  That being said, Robin's tweaks on
Transmission last year on 89 set the pace for our build (brilliant!).  Since
then tuning jack2 (jackdmp) Rui's rtirq, plus tuning for specific chips /
computer hardware makes a difference.  If you want something now that truly
stands up and has had some of the best Linux developers touch the project,
go with Transmission 4.2.  I know Paul will jump in and tune us all up with
our thoughts (go Paul!) but it should be stated again we are getting lights
out performance without RT on our new multi-touch Tablets for Pro Audio with
2.6.35, Meego/AtomN450.

So with 2.6.35 rtirq also works with a non real-time kernel?

Best,

Jeremy