Re: Converting binary digital data in PCM

Hmmm.. I have no success until now :(

Using play -e raw -b 32 -c 1 -r 441000 --endian little dat.raw
I am facing with the following error:

play FAIL sox: --encoding: `raw' is not one of: signed-integer, unsigned-integer, floating-point, ms-adpcm, ima-adpcm, oki-adpcm, gsm-full-rate, u-law, mu-law, a-law.

That's strange. I am sure the data are in little-endian format (since the storage CPU is Intel), each sample is 32-bit long integer, I have 32768 samples but have no idea about the real sampling rate.
I can try with several speeds, but the question about the "encoding" still unclear for me. And this is the same using sox instead.

So, I am stuck here

2010/12/11 Rob <lau@xxxxxxxxx>
On Saturday 11 December 2010 04:42, ciclo esano wrote:
> Moreover the information about bit rate, channel and everything
>  concerning audio file is very difficult to apply here, since the raw
>  data are coming from a digitizer after several downsampling processes
>  to have all the signals in the audio range (in fact they arise from the
>  high frequency of nuclear spins, hundreds of MHz)

Oh, that sounds brilliant.  Well, if they're being downsampled already,
surely you know what frequency to choose, but if not, you could just start
with the common ones (22050, 32000, 44100, 48000), see how they sound and
tweak as needed.  I'd assume it'd be one channel and 32-bit samples based
on what you said, but you can experiment with that too.

Rob