Re: Scalpel Audio Editor 0.8.0

Hey Philip,

Thanks for giving it a shot.

Well, yes, I'm aware that memory consumption is a problem right now. Sorry for almost freezing your machine. :/

Actually, samples are internally stored as 64 bits floats, which consumes a lot of memory. I'll reduce the sample size to 32 bits ASAP.

Besides, Scalpel currently loads the whole file in memory, whatever the size. I have my idea on how to avoid that, but it isn't trivial and I haven't had time to dig too much into that issue yet.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll definitely take it into account.

Pierre