Re: No joy with AVlinux

Y-ellow Hartmut 'n' all.

At 09:40 AM 12/2/2010 +0100, Hartmut Noack wrote:
[snip]

All I can say: a friend of mine here in Germ, who was heavily advocating
AVLinux last year, is now explicitly warning users NOT to use AVLinux 4.1.
Bad RT-Performance and other smaller issues he reports. Seems, AVL has
switched from Debian to Ubuntu. The very same step, that was one of the
last steps in the life of 64Studio....

I am about to download it anyway now and will report, if I have the same
trouble...

Thanks for that confirmation. I thought surely this couldn't just be me. It's now pretty much fallen into an unusable heap. The entire OS crashes for no apparent reason and I have to resort to a hard restart. I'll try a different distro.

Thanks again.

Be absolutely icebox.

| "_ \      | |         batzman-lau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                / ,__