Re: No joy with AVlinux

David Adler wrote:
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
On 12/01/2010 02:29 PM, Batz wrote:
Yoshimi looked really interesting. It looks as though you can use
samples as oscillators which could be what I'm after. Except that as
above, I can't connect MIDI into it. And even when using the little
keyboard applet/window, it crashes a lot. Usually it takes JACK out as
well. To the point of requiring a reboot. Because the frozen windows
lock themselves and I can't kill them. And JACK won't connect anything
after that. I guess I could find the process and kill it. I can't see
that being very helpful up on stage in front of an audience though. And
the last time it crashed, it seems to have crashed permanently. Yoshimi
will load and lock it self and that's all.
AFAIK, Yoshimi is still under heavy development and not ready for
prime-time, yet.

yes - yoshimi is experimental, though version 0.060.1 (the latest
"stable" one) runs well here, and it does not exhibit the locking
behaviour of some older versions.

Hmmm, I've never had Yoshimi lock. And I'm not up to version 0.060.1 yet!

I have had Zyn lock, though, especially when using latencies lower than 32ms on RT kernels.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx