Re: SSD for audio

Brent Busby wrote:
On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, david wrote:

Don't forget to include a heavy-duty UPS able to keep that system up and running long enough to write all those gigabytes of data to storage that doesn't require constant power to maintain it's contents! ;-)

Oh yeah, of course I've got a UPS... Apparently the cablemodem router in my apartment building has one too, because I'm able to stay on the Internet during power outages even after the whole building has gone dark.

Good for you!

(Which means I'm able to actually do what our electric company says about going onto their web site to let them know about blackouts... It's still hilarious that they tell people that though.)

So people can report it via smartphone or from another building that isn't having power problems, maybe?

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx