Re: Delay problem real time listening to a live input audio

Thanks for the quick response Paul,
The thing is not with Ardour, because when playing in the ardour recording interface, the graphs are in real time without delay. But when hearing my live play the soud delay 2 seconds...
Any idea?

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Ameur Esseket <esseket.ameur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using Ardour for my project, and I have a blocking issue which is the
> latency when playing and getting the sound back from front speakers. It
> seems that the audio engine is processing the sound I am providing from my
> guitar and after 1 or 2 seconds (constant rate) and playing it back.

ardour cannot possibly delay the audio for that long. if you use it
for monitoring, it will delay the audio by a total of (jack period
size * number of periods). unless you are running JACK with huge
period sizes and/or lots of periods, this cannot add up to 1 or 2
seconds.

are you running any FX plugins inside ardour?

--p

--
Ameur Esseket,Â
Tunisiana - Core Network Performance and Optimization engineer