Re: vmx1000usb mixer linux usb support

On 10/17/2010 08:27 AM, Raffaele Recalcati wrote:
Hi everybody,

Looking at the new mixer to connect to my genelec 8030A

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/VMX1000USB.aspx

I read
"Built-in USB interface for recording and playback of any digital
music file. Works with your PC or Mac computerâno setup or drivers
required"

So I can guess that it should be work out-of-the-box also with Linux.
Any additional info?

i hope i don't annoy people with yet another round of behringer bashing, but the combination of this mixer with the rather decent genelecs strikes me as a pretty uneven combination.

the mackie onyx mixers mentioned before work great with linux and are pretty good, but might be over your needs and budget. you could consider a nice audio interface that suits your needs and combine it with a good analogue mixer, such as a small allen&heath or soundcraft one, either of the dj or the f.o.h./studio type.

best,

jÃrn