Re: PRESONUS V-FIRE on Linux ?

 On 9/22/2010 3:09 AM, Svend-Erik Kjær Madsen wrote:
Den 22-09-2010 06:13, Alex Tinsley skrev:
Might be better to contact PreSonus first and ask them if it's BeBop and or FFADO to see if it might work before dropping your hard earned money on it.

Also make sure that you do all the firmware updates on the VSR-880's from the Roland website so that when you do connect an RPC/R-BUS interface up to it, that it will properly see the connection. Older firmware will either not see anything or only one port.

Other I/O that work with the R-Bus interface:

Roland RPC-1 PCI Card
Edirol DA-2496 PCI Card
M-Audio Delta R-BUS (this is the Envy24 chip which is already supported by ALSA), only thing is you'd have to get two of them and daisy chain them to get the 16 channels. Cards would sync via external SPDIF (out of one into the other).

Another option would be to get an R-BUS to ADAT converter, Roland made these, DIF-AT or DIF-AT24 (little black boxes), look on ebay. Then you can go into a sound card or 1394 interface that supports multiple ADAT input ports.