Re: New workstation | DAW pc

On 09/04/10 05:52, rosea grammostola wrote:

Right, for audio a dualcore with 4 GB will do imo, but I might need some
extra power for other work.

Another aspect of a pc for audio is noise. I was wondering, might it be
possible to use a long cable to my pc monitor and place my pc in another
room. Will there be any degradation of the quality of the visual display
with a long >= 5m. cable?

That depends on the video card, monitor, type of cable, and the resolution you use. The lower the resolution the better it will work.

In one place, I drive about that distance using a VGA distribution amplifier box, but I am only doing 1024x768, and it still isn't perfect quality.

Several companies make boxes just for this purpose though, called console extenders. Gefen seems to be one of the most respected brands.