Re: re Subconscious Affecting Music

Hello Patrick!
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad idea. Only the basis on which you seem to put it, is not to my liking. Because you talk of brainwashing of subconscious efforts. Meaning: Directing people to some point, enforcing or just bestowing something on them, without their notice. A proverb comes to mind: Fighting for freedom is like fucking for virginity. You can't beat them to have a free will, they have to "freely" decide to have one. But that is not a phenomenon of the musical industry. It's a phenomenon of society as a whole. You can always try something new. Perhaps even use a given form and try something new with that. But what do you want to advertise with this idea of pop? And how far is this really possible and not oppressing itself? No ffense: but in a way, you sound as oppressive as the industry. Don't get me wrong. I still think you have good intentions, bu you sound quite idiologic on the point. Idiology is a good thing. But especally when talking about free will, you probably shouldn't look at subconscious efforts and a different kind of "mind fuck". As I said, no offense in that. Just simply put, tomake you see, where I disagree with your approach.
  Kindly and still openminded to discussion yours
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
the Linux TextBased Studio guide