Re: pc-keyboard with midi game port

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Renato <rennabh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was using ttymidi which makes the arduino act as a usb-midi device -
it has an alsa midi interface and I think also a JACK midi one. But
actually doing the serial->MIDI conversion on the laptop might be
neater... I'll have to look into that, haven't done any serial
communication before

I'm not sure if your intrested, but since you want to go the serial route,
if you are using Python, I'll reccommend PySerial (guess what it does?)
as a really good library. IIRC there's another lib or way to do serial too, I
wouldnt advise it.

If you want I can dig up some of my Arduino -> Serial -> Python sketches/scripts
and post them somewhere.

Cheers, -Harry