Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish.

On 07/17/2010 08:13 PM, James Stone wrote:
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:07 PM, Gwenhwyfaer<gwenhwyfaer@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Yes, but it's a very British thing to do, throwing a very public
tantrum about something other people are doing that you don't like
rather than simply taking a couple of small steps to avoid it.
That's a rather sweeping (and as far as I can tell untrue) statement.

With the exception of readers of the Daily Mail (a horrible
hate-riddled tabloid), most British people (in my experience as a
native) have pretty much a live and let live attitude in my
experience.

You won't see me storming off in a huff, but I do do a fair bit of
ignoring (although in this case my British reserve didn't win out...).

That may be the case while Brits are in Britain but when they travel they tend to get a bit more mouthy and self absorbed. Perhaps that was what Gwenhwyfaer was alluding to...

Maybe it's more noticible when you can understand the language being spoken. Perhaps non english speakers have seen similar behaviour from other non english speakers?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd