Software for recording digital audio?

Hey list,

I'm in a bit of dilemma here, my machine has only 1 GB of RAM and I'm running linuxsampler, rakarrack and bristol with rosegarden sequencing all of them together. As you can imagine, this does stretch my machine's resources a fair bit, so I find myself needing to bounce-to-audio. Any software out there that can do this relatively painlessly?

This might be a bug in Rosegarden (10.04.2) or my version of jackdmp (1.9.6), but when I try to do it in Rosegarden, I found that the recorded audio tends to record previously recorded wav files and other such oddities.
So I am looking for a relatively lightweight alternative or is this just a case of 'Yep, just use ardour!'?

Thanks,

Andrew.