Re: Samples + Synthesis synth?

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Malte Steiner <steiner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No Cheetah SX16?  No Akai S612?  No Yamaha TX-16W?

Not sure about Cheetah. True for the Akai. The TX has digital filters, I still have one in my studio. It loads filter coefficient tables from disk and there was a DOS software to create you own, I tried it once or twice. It was one of the inspirations for Minicomputer...

Thanks for suggesting I try out this synthpler .... a very unique sound-producer among the many available on linux.

Do you have any suggestions for "patches" to give people a better idea of what this beast is capable of? It is actually part of Fedora
> minicomputer.x86_64                     1.41-1.fc12                     @updates
(congrats for getting your package directly in the main distro!)

Unfortunately, it comes with minimal presets, but I was eventually able to make it produce some interesting sounds...

 rpm -ql minicomputer
/usr/bin/minicomputer
/usr/bin/minicomputerCPU
/usr/share/applications/minicomputer.desktop
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41/CHANGES
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41/README
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41/factoryPresets
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41/factoryPresets/initsinglesound.txt
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41/factoryPresets/minicomputerMemory.txt
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41/factoryPresets/minicomputerMulti.txt
/usr/share/doc/minicomputer-1.41/minicomputerManual.pdf
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/minicomputer.xpm

also,

Malte Steiner <steiner@xxxxxxxxxx
hopefully I get my Emulator II working again. When it worked, the hybrid sound was amazing. Another hybrid sampler/synths, just for the fun of it: (Samplers are underrated at the moment and cheap to get second hand)

This seems like a good time to re-ask a question here amongst the ancient equipment freaks :-)
Is there a way to get Emu EIII sample-CD's (as well as the EIII sample format on hard disk) converted into SFZ or GIG format for use by LinuxSampler???
http://old.nabble.com/linux-samplers-that-can-read-EMU-EIII-(Emulator-3)-EIIIx-ESI-32-cd-rom's--td27721995.html

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com