Re: Music Made With Linux - a bit of Greek sunshine

Thanks for the comments, guys.

@Robert: Why tarring the file?
When it's a direct link for an audio file, sometimes I have problems downloading it, as it opens in the browser window. Thus, I normally zip the files for a website. Tar? I thought I'd use an Open Source compression...

@Fons: - It's a very dry recording. Some room (or big open space) ambience improves it.
I do try to avoid reverb and try to use only a minimum necessary dosage lately, as to be more faithful to the original Greek sound of the 30-40's...

- Don't know what you used for the backing but it doesn't sound very Greek to me. Replace this by a guitar ?
....I actually recorded one version with acoustic guitar only, and sounded too dry to me, so the I decided to add some 'glamour' to all that (thus, stopped being faithful really:-).
If interested, here's the first, dry, guitar-only version (I added now a bit of reverb, out of curiosity...).
http://mastoridis.co.uk/temp/linux/Viktor_Mastoridis-Gm-dry_version.ogg

---
Viktor Mastoridis