Re: all-track splice and move in Ardour

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Tapani Sysimetsä wrote:

Ken Restivo wrote:
If you're just trying to cut a project in two:

1) Put a marker in for your chop point, save, and close the project.
2) "cp -a" the original project directory to a new directory.
3) Open the new directory, and delete everything on one side of the marker. Just select it, and delete, easy. Save. Close the project.
4) In the  old project, delete everything on the other side of the marker. Save.

You now have two projects, one of which is "up to such-and-such point", and the other is "after such-and-such point".

Well, if I got it right, Brent wants to modify the structure of the entire song, like e.g. moving the chorus section that now comes after 3rd verse to become after 1st verse already. This section may or may not include independent regions.

Yes, that's true. Basically, I've got a part in the middle that I wanted to make into the new "beginning." Actually, I think I've found a way to save it just the way it is without doing that though, which would be good, because it flows better left the way I played it.

The only reason I didn't say anything though is because I was enjoying all this good technical information about project editing. :)

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky