Re: music made with L (russian doom-folk made in berlin)

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Julien Claassen<julien@xxxxxxxx> wrote:> Hello Hartmut!>   the song has a very special kind of charm to its name. The singer's voice is> certainly one I would recognise, only after having heard this song. Always> reminds me a bit of "child in time" though. :-)>   The recording quality sounds nice to my ears, the drums sounds, with their> effects, sound really fat and much to my liking.>   And here is the BUT :-) It sounds a bit out of time sometimes. And in a way,> that suggests to my ears rather misplaying than controlled chaos. :-) The> cymbals on the left sometimes have the feeling and one of the distorted> guitars. It creates a disturbance in the flow of the song.>   Besides that though, it's in its own way: lovely. Although I wouldn't really> use "lovely" as a description of the song. :-)>   Friendly regards>          Julien>

I liked this song too.. To my ears, the timings were OK (and for metiming is usually a real issue). The thing that jarred for me thoughwas the sound of the electric guitar - way too digital (and cleanthough distorted) sounding for my liking. A dirtier/darker (perhaps ahumbucker guitar?? - I'm imagining this was on a strat or similar?)more valvey sound would suit the song better I would say.