Ubuntu weirdness, aka business as usual with Ubuntu

Greetings,

I have a nicely functioning installation of Ubuntu 9.04. I installed the
UStudio packages and further customized the system with a working rt
kernel. Alas, when I reboot it after a installing updates from the
Update Manager my limits.conf is changed. For some reason the rtprio
line is removed while the memlock and nice values remain.

Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do to prevent it ?

I do know about the Ubuntu forums, but I'm hoping a LAU member knows the
answer.

Best,

dp